To establish Dakota County as a leader in the community development by advancing the skills of emerging leaders and inspiring them to serve their communities and organizations.
The program promotes leadership skills, community involvement, and personal growth. Each session features speakers who are acknowledged leaders in their specific fields. Program participants will be actively engaging in discussion as they explore the opportunities, challenges, and discuss solutions to the most pressing issues facing our county. The session will be held in various parts of the county.
Goals of Leadership Dakota County
- Identify and recruit emerging leaders
- Develop and enhance leadership skills
- Motivate citizens to volunteer and lead
- Understand how Dakota County operates
- Improve working relationships
- Create a learning community
- Establish Dakota County as a "leadership mecca"
- Encourage networking among participants during and after the program
- See participants put their newly acquired leadership skills into action for the betterment of their communities
The program is open to any person who lives or works in Dakota County. People who are new to a leadership role or aspiring toward one are encouraged to apply. A conscious effort will be made to select participants who represent a cross-section of the various areas of gender and occupational background. The diversity of perspectives among participants will result in more meaningful interaction and learning in the program. Final participant selection is made by the Leadership Dakota County committee on the basis of the written application.
Quotes From Past Participants
Tuition for the program is $225 per participant and is payable upon notification of acceptance into the program. Tuition may be paid by the participant, the participant's employer, a sponsoring organization, or a combination thereof.